Less is more, and our Blessed with Bay hand salve is the perfect example. With just 5 ingredients this product keeps it simple. Organic olive & coconut oils moisturize and soothe, beeswax binds the oils and protects the skin, organic bay & black pepper essential oils lend their antirheumatic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain-relieving) and rubefacient (blood-circulating) properties to put it all together.
Blessed with Bay Hand Salve
Makes six 2oz tins
6 oz organic olive oil
3 oz organic coconut oil
3 oz beeswax
12 drops per tin organic bay essential oil
4 drops per tin organic black pepper essential oil
Glass Measuring Cup
6 2 oz tin containers
- Measure your ingredients and combine them in a double boiler over medium heat. A heat-resistant bowl over a pot with boiling water will do.
- Gently stir the mixture until all of the beeswax is melted within the oils.
- Be careful not to overheat/burn the mixture.
- When the the mixture is fully melted, transfer it to a pourable pitcher.
- Line up your tins and pour into each tin slowly. If you spill over, just wipe off any excess with a warm towel.
- Let the substance cool for just a few minutes then drop in the essential oils, stir them in well quickly with a stirring rod and cover the tins with caps. The hand salves should fully harden & cool within 30 minutes and be ready to be gifted or used!
If DIY is not your thing, we put love into every handmade tin, and we think our labels are pretty, though we’re probably biased!